The results are in! Every year, the Time Out Bar Awards celebrate the most outstanding achievements in the bar community in cities around the world to give the best bars, best crews and best drinks the spotlight they deserve. This year, the 2018 Time Out Los Angeles Bar Awards, presented by William Grant & Sons took place at OUE Skyspace LA and honored NoMad Giannini Bar, Bibo Ergo Sum, The Walker Inn and more. To pick the award winners, Time Out assembled an industry-renowned panel of high-profile drinks experts and top bartenders.
Accomplice was crowned L.A.’s Bar of the Year. Taking equal parts neighborhood bar, staff with swagger and a cocktail menu that somehow makes even the most conventional, de rigueur drinks exciting, and you’ve got a watering hole so good it’s not only a Mar Vista gem—it’s the city’s best. Other venues in high spirits include the NoMad Giannini Bar—a moody Downtown destination with a massive yet expertly curated 40-drink menu—which was honored as the city’s Best New Bar; Apothéke LA—an elegant warehouse space with garden party vibes—picked up the award for Most Stylish Bar; and “Cola” at The Walker Inn—a DIY assembly of vials and bubbly soda—bagged the Most Instagrammable Cocktail in Los Angeles title.
Checkout the full list of Time Out Los Angeles Bar Awards 2018 winners:
- Bar of the Year presented by Hendrick’s Gin: Accomplice
- Best Legacy Bar presented by Flor de Caña: The Spare Room
- Best Wine Bar presented by Segura Viudas: Bar Covell
- Best New Bar: NoMad Giannini Bar
- Best Bar-Restaurant Program: The Ponte
- Best Bar Crew: The Normandie Club
- Most Stylish Bar: Apothéke LA
- Best Cocktail in LA: “Cold Hollow” at Bibo Ergo Sum
- Most Instagrammable Cocktail: “Cola” at The Walker Inn
Kinya Claiborne, STYLE & SOCIETY
Photo Credit: Justin L Stewart Photography