Freida Pinto’s red carpet look wowed at the Forevermark Tribute Collection launch event at West Edge in Chelsea, New York. Known for her leading role in Slumdog Millionaire, the soon to be Jungle Book actress got her hair styled by celebrity stylist, Chris Naselli, with the NEW Biolage R.A.W. Styling Collection.
“When discussing Freida’s look we settled on something that made her feel most herself while reflecting the theme of the event; each woman having her own story to tell and the diamonds symbolizing the unique and multi-dimensioned woman wearing it,” said Chris on his inspiration behind Freida’s look.
Checkout the step-by-step guide to try Freida’s red carpet look as home.
STEP BY STEP
- Blow dry or air-dry the hair by running fingers through to enhance natural textures and to create volume/definition.
- On dry hair apply a golf size amount of Biolage R.A.W. Smoothing Styling Milk from roots to mid shaft.
- Rub a quarter size amount of Biolage R.A.W. Bodifying Styling Jelly between hands and pull up into a high loose ponytail and secure with a bungee. Make sure to keep the pony loose so you don’t disturb all that good texture on top.
- Split ponytail into two sections then twist the two sections around each other and create a messy undone knot, letting piece fallout naturally and secure with a few hairpins.
- Take the pony tail and spray the Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray and lightly back comb it.
- The key is to keep this slightly disheveled while still looking young and modern. Use a dime size amount of the Biolage R.A.W. Frizz Control Styling Spray on fingertips and gently massage the hairline to activate the baby hairs and create soft beautiful flyaways.
- Finish it off with the Biolage R.A.W. Frizz Control Styling Spray through the hair to maintain frizz and hold natural falling flyaways in place; no hair spray needed.
By Kinya Claiborne, STYLE & SOCIETY
Photo Credit: Travis Keyes & Jennifer Graylock/Getty Images